All advertisement orders are subject to acceptance in writing from the Publisher and are subject to the conditions set out below. Any other proposed condition shall be void unless in writing and specifically accepted in writing by the Publisher.
1. The Publisher reserves the right to refuse, amend, withdraw, or otherwise deal with all advertisements submitted to it at its absolute discretion and without explanation. All advertisements must comply with the British Code of Advertising Practice.
2. The Publisher will not be liable for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise occasioned by error, altered publication or the failure of an advertisement/insert to appear from any cause whatsoever. Should late publication or the failure of an advertisement/insert to appear be due to the act or default of the Advertiser or the Advertiser’s servants or agents then the space will be paid for in full notwithstanding that the advertisement has not appeared (such omission or suspension shall be notified to the Advertiser as soon as possible).
3. The Advertiser will indemnify the Publisher against any damage and/or loss and/or expense which the Publisher may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of the Advertiser’s advertisement.
4. In no circumstances does the placing of an order confer the right to renew on similar terms.
5. The Publisher reserves the right to increase advertisement rates at any time or to amend the terms of contract as regards space or frequency of insertion. In such event the Advertiser has the option of cancelling the balance of the contract without surcharge.
6. The Advertiser warrants that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament nor is it in any way illegal or defamatory nor an infringement of any other party’s rights nor an infringement of the British Code of Advertising Practice.
7. The Publisher reserves the right to refuse stoporders, cancellations or transfers unless they are received not less than 30 days for run of paper display & classified adverts & 60 days for cover & special positions. Prior to the relevant copy deadline.
8. If the Advertiser cancels the balance of a contract, except in the circumstances stated in paragraph 5, all unearned volume discount will be surcharged. The Publisher reserves the right to surcharge in the event of insertions not being completed within the contracted period.
9. Where the Advertiser has undertaken to supply inserts which have been accepted by and approved by the Publisher, the Publisher reserves the right to charge at the rate agreed if they fail to arrive at the time and place of insertion.
10. Notwithstanding anything in these Conditions providing to the contrary neither the Publisher nor the Advertiser shall be liable to each other for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise caused by or arising out at any Act of Parliament, Order in Council, Act of State, strike of employees,lock-out, trade dispute, enemy action, rioting, civil commotion, fire, force majeure, act of God or other similar contingency beyond the control of either of them.
11. Copy must be supplied without application from the Publisher. In the event of copy instructions not being received by the copy date, the Publisher reserves the right to repeat the copy last used.
12. The Publisher cannot accept responsibility for changes in dates of insertions and copy unless these are confirmed in writing and in time for the changes to be made. The Publisher reserves th right to charge for any additional expense involved in such changes.
13. Copy matter provided for journals must conform to the Publisher’s printing specifications and any additional work involved may be charged for.
14. The Publisher does not guarantee to send proofs.
15. The Advertiser shall be responsible for the insurance of all artwork and other advertisement material delivered by the Advertiser to the Publisher and the Publisher cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage thereto.
16. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy all artwork and other materials which have been in the Publisher’s (or the Publisher’s printers custody for three months provided that the Advertiser or the Advertiser’s agent has not given instructions to the contrary. The Publisher may exercise this right without giving further notice to the Advertiser.
17. Credit accounts are strictly net and must be settled by the 30th day following invoice unless otherwise agreed. If an account is overdue, the Publisher reserves the right to suspend insertion and charge interest calculated at 4% above base rate. Failure to pay accounts in accordance with the Publisher’s terms and conditions will make advertising agencies liable to reductions in any commission otherwise allowed to agencies.
Media House, Hallidays Yard, Radcliffe Road
Stamford, Lincolnshire PE9 1ED
t: +44 (0)1780 765 960
f: +44 (0)1780 765 904